Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I had the most delicious dream this morning about a friend of mine that I never, ever, EVER, in a million years would consider hooking up with. But, I gotta tell ya, this dream was just what the proverbial doctor ordered!

Let me be very clear, here: It was not dirty, or sleazy, or even particularly suggestive. So, then, what was it, you might ask?

Well, let me tell ya.

It was comforting and loving and endearing -- all of those things that a single girl misses when she has nary a semblance of a relationship in the works, and all of the things that a sorta single girl hunts and digs for in her existing relationship but can't seem to find, not to mention all of the things that a definitely not single girl means when she says something is missing from her relationship (unless, of course, she unwittingly is dating a gay man; then that something missing might just simply be sex).

The best part of the dream wasn't that we made out or anything, 'cause we didn't. It was simply this:

I walked up to him to put my hand through his arm and rest my head on his shoulder while we were waiting for these movers (don't ask; would require a much more detailed explanation of the dream, and isn't really the point here) to finish what they were doing. And when I'd been standing that way for a while and started to pull away to go pick out a DVD to watch (again, not explaining the DVD side story at this stage), he ever-so-slightly tightened his arm, keeping me with him, making me feel safe and embraced and loved.

Fellas, truly, it's the simplest things...

No comments:

Post a Comment