Search This Blog

Monday, February 12, 2007

I had this thought just now, as I was trolling through all of these new blogs, trying in my quiet desperation to find one that will be entertaining to me, that will read like a chick-lit novel so that I can take a break from my self-imposed daily torture test of reading a gazillion progressive and green blogs:

Doesn't anyone have any frivolous thoughts anymore?

I know I do. I just think they're too frivolous to put down on paper -- or, rather, to type into my laptop and post to my blog.

That being said, I want to talk for a moment about "Lost."

Please, please, please, can we get back to Jack a bit? Or what about that hot British/Aussie/whatever-the-hell-he-is guy who appears to be some sort of pre-cog? Oh, man, he's pretty fuckin' yummy, if you ask me.

And why can't a romantic comedy get an Oscar? Huh? What's the deal there? Are only sweeping epics or tortured tales of loss and grief worthy of an award? Why don't we have an awards show like the Billboard Music Awards which rewards the biggest box office makers? Isn't the amount of ticket sales indicative of what The People, in their almighty wisdom, want?

So, my brother was in jail again recently. He's got this nasty history, going back to when he was just a teenage kid (I think he was arrested for the first time when he was fourteen years old; can you imagine?). I didn't visit him. I thought about visiting him, and then decided not to. I just didn't want to try to be encouraging, I guess, although that's not entirely true, either. I just didn't have the energy to be encouraging just then. I thought I'd give it a couple of days and see how I felt.

And then today I found out that my little sister didn't know that our mom had been married before she was married to my dad, or that my dad and I lived in our house (where our mom now lives with her new husband, my sister, and my brother that I've never met 'cause my mom and I haven't spoken to each other in -- dang, five years? can that be right?) before our mom was even married to our dad.

And what's more, my dad doesn't think that my sister knows that our mom was actually married two times before my dad. Yep, that's right, my mom's on husband number four, but my dad's on wife number four, and I haven't been in a relationship since 1995, so who are any of us to throw stones in these glass houses of ours?

Oh, and by the way, my stepfather's sister -- so, that'd make her my aunt, I guess -- apparently told my sister that she thinks she's anorexic.

Really? This is my family? Wow.

And, just for the record, my sister eats PLENTY! And as far as I can tell, she doesn't throw it all up later -- or, if she tries to, it's way too late after eating, and it's all been digested already.

Who are these people that call themselves our family? Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment